PATIENTS WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM ANESTHESIA SERVICES
PEDIATRIC AND PRE-COOAPERATIVE AGE
COMPLEX MEDICAL HISTORY
EXTENSIVE DENTAL TREATMENT
2. Don't have any food or drink after midnight on the day of the procedure.
3. Use the restroom immediately prior to the appointment if possible.
4. If you have been sick recently please call the office ahead of time if possible so that we can determine if we need to reschedule the appointment.
FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN
2. Make sure that your child has not eaten any solid food or drink after midnight on the day of the procedure. Please contact Dr. Yancey if you have an afternoon appointment for more details.
3. Have your child use the restroom immediately prior to the appointment. I also recommend brining your child in a pull-up just in case.
4. If your child has been sick recently, particularly with a fever or a cold or cough, please call ahead so we can determine if we need to reschedule the appointment.
The recommendation is that the patient does not have anything to eat or drink after midnight on the day of surgery/dental treatment. If you have any questions about the fasting guidelines please contact Dr. Yancey.
The reason why fasting is important is because there is a possibility that the patient might vomit while under anesthesia. Their reflexes are inhibited under anesthesia and there is a chance that the vomited contents then may go into the lungs and inhibit the ability to breathe oxygen. This is a dangerous complication that can be avoided by following proper fasting guidelines.